Thursday, October 31, 2013

Love and Living

“Life consists in learning to live on one's own, spontaneous, freewheeling: to do this one must recognize what is one's own - be familiar and at home with oneself.....The world is made up of people who are fully alive in it: that is, of the people who can be themselves in it and can enter into a living and fruitful relationship with each other in it.” Thomas Merton

What is mine,
aging skin
wraps my
inner world

where hidden rivers
course through veins,
rapids throb
with the
urgent pulse of
me.

Me,
my brain
snaps commands
at the speed of light,
compels my hands
to type living
words,

eyes send
sight
to prove the truth
of my
being

here as I wait
and watch
for you to finish
your warm
bath.

Laughing,
I see
that I live
in you
and you in
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment